Saturday, January 24, 2009

collage: birds at the circus

Yes, I managed to sneak more birds into this new collage... but this time they are at the circus! Last year, Roger and I went to the opening night of Cirque du Soleil's Corteo here in Vancouver. I was a little nervous at first, since the entire story line revolved around the life of a clown... and I usually hate clowns. Thankfully they weren't the creepy Shriners/Barnum & Bailey-type clowns, so all was ok... nervous panic attack avoided. I must say, it was amazing to see the Cirque in person, a must see if you ever get the chance.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!

hmstrjam said...

love the collages on wood!

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

I just finished Water for Elephants and this instantly reminded me of that book. How do you keep cranking these out? Such a fun theme :0)

Caroline D. said...

I saw the cirque show once and it did freak me out but the ones i see on TV are much less scary. I want to go back now.

love your collages. your blog is a bright and cheery place to visit on the internet.

Kim Caro said...

and boy did you do the birds some good

NONtRENDY said...

I want to see one of the cirque shows very badly. I saw one on TV once a couple of years back and ever since then I have always wanted to go.

Asja said...

this is so lovely! i love your collage work!

cabin + cub said...

thanks everyone!
i will have to wait until cirque comes back... can't wait!