Tuesday, April 28, 2009

blast from the past 4

It has been a month since I last posted one of my "Blast from the Past" 90s collages... otherwise known as some embarrassing goodness from the teen vault. At the slow rate that I am scanning and posting these, I will have enough for the next 20 odd years and blogging will be a retro communication form, so perhaps I should pick up the pace. This one is the 4th one I have posted (there are close to 200). Some references to sexism in this one, as well as random bits... it's always weird looking back at things you make as a teenager years later.

8 comments:

audreyscountrycrafts said...

I remember the 90's. Still think the 70's were the best - no responsibilities back then.
Love the collage.

Piggy said...

I remember the 80s best :) study, plan.. no work.. not a care in the world :)

mb.mclees said...

i love collages!

Belua Designs said...

I did collages in the 90's too. I worked in a little store with no customers so I spent my days cutting up magazines. I still have them in storage somewhere :)

Holly said...

That's awesome! I only made one collage when I was a teenager, and it was much more vulgar than that (lots of middle fingers and nudity). Yours is wonderful, it seems like your opinions were much more developed than many teens. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your teenage mind!

Pretty Fun said...

I love the colors in this collage. Now I want to go dig up some of the stuff I amde as a teenager. Probably pretty scary

Unknown said...

Nice. These are a lot more colorful than your current work. I like both. :)

Tessa said...

This one is wonderful!! Great work! :)