Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a whale of a time




Recently, we ventured to the Beaty Biodiversity Museum at the University of British Columbia to check out the blue whale exhibit - one of only 20 exhibits in the world. At 26 metres (over 85 ft) long, the adult female blue whale was very grand and impressive indeed... she's massive! And since the skeleton is suspended, viewers can walk underneath it as well.... very cool. As you can see, it was a bit tricky for us to capture her hefty-ness in just one photo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing skeleton... hope you had a great time! ;)

Amanda said...

whoa! I have never seen a whale skeleton up close - but now this is on my list of things to do! Amazing!

ricebabies said...

I have to take my oldest to see that, looks amazing.

Almost Precious said...

That must be an awesome experience. I've only seen whales from a great distance (or on TV)so I can only imagine how immense this whale skeleton must be up close and in person.