Saturday, January 23, 2010

bloggy awards - part 1

Ok, so I need to mention two wonderful blogs who have passed along a lovely blog award lately. A happy thanks to Beecher at P.S. House and Kate from Kate and Oli for the Happy 101 Blog Award. (Rules: List 10 things that make you happy, tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your list of things that make you happy).

Here are 10 things that make me happy:

1. the Bun in the oven

2. my hubby Roger (he will blush when he reads this)

3. making and crafting things, of course!

4. a warm cup of tea sweetened with milk and honey. I am craving one right now.

5. cooking and experimenting with recipes (although, only happy when they turn out)

6. a sunny autumn day with falling colourful leaves

7. travelling to far and away places, although short closer trips make me happy too

8. my shiny red lowrider bicycle - all the kids on the block turn their heads when they see it!

9. sleeping in on the weekends in warm puffy blankets

10. snowboarding on a perfect day, although this will have to wait until next year now that I have Bun


And to pass this on to 10 lovely blogs that make me happy when I read them... do visit them, they are all very sweet!

1. elaphantine

2. coco cake

3. Hiving Out

4. Dandy Bread and Candy

5. Teal and Gold

6. Rosy Revolver

7. I Love Handmade

8. Gallery 32

9.Pocket Carnival

10. Bluebird Notes

8 comments:

Mary Richmond said...

i love the things you love--you sound like a lovely person ;-)

Coco Cake Land said...

ohmigosh! how sweet to come home from a long hard day at a wedding fair... and see this supersweet shout-out! thanks so much...

made my day... and great list, can't wait to explore all the blogs...
xoo

Chrisy said...

Congrats on that Bun! I love the sound of you whizzing around the neighbourhood on your red bike with all the kids giving you envious looks...

koralee said...

How sweet are you my friend! Thank you so so so much for this lovely award...happy dance! I adore your blog and all your creativity..plus you love such wonderful things! Hope you are enjoying our lovely weather and getting ready for the Olympics..I am soooooo excited! Sending you much love for a great new week. Thanks a million sweet friend! xoxo

Gallery32 said...

It makes me happy that my blog makes your day! I always enjoy visiting your corner of the internet. So happy, creative and fun. Have a lovely day :)

Trina

mckenzie said...

Thanks so, so much for including us. It made for a lovely weekend-thinking about who and what makes me happy and by the way the bloggy happiness goes both ways.

Vivi said...

We are so flattered by this award especially because its from someone who has such a beautiful and inspiring blog like yours! This - our very first award - made us happy. :)
We'll be posting our 10 soon...
Thank you!

Tara said...

i don't think i've properly given you congrats! i was delighted to learn of your 'bun in the oven' the other day! yea! babies are quite possibly the best thing in the world.

yippee for you!
Tara
http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com