1. First up, is "The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Prisoner's Dilemma" by Trenton Lee Stewart. Ok, so I admit, I love reading young adult books, and young reader books. And now that the Harry Potter series has long been finished, I have moved onto this series (this one is the third in the series)... the Twilight series will have to wait.
2. "Hot Hot Hot! Cooking with Fire and Spice!" by Paul Gayler. So I guess you now know we like spicy food. I think this book is a hint from Roger for me to cook up more spicy things. Oh caliente!
3. "+0086:Beijing Cool" by Timezone 8. Jam packed with photos of street fashion from Beijing, China... this book is so fun to look at. Lots of great outfits, art, and visual and graphic eye candy.
4. "Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip" by Tove Jannsson. Love this one. It is a series of comics, originally published in Sweden, of a family of white round hippo-like characters who have many adventures... (I am really shortening it here, since I could go on and on)... but the illustrations and stories are very sweet.
5. "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. Ok, so this one was technically from a friend for my birthday (in October)... but I am finally getting around to reading it now, so I am including it in the pile. Only half way through so far... and I need to finish it before the film comes out and changes the version I have in my brain.
Looks like I am "booked" up for the winter! Sorry... I couldn't resist that bad pun.