Happy Earth Day everyone! Hope everyone is doing their part today (and everyday) to be a little greener. Here are a few of the little things we have been doing in our house to try and be a bit greener:
1. recycling as much as we can, and donating things we don't use any more (we are in the middle of spring cleaning, so a lot of this going on now!)
2. trying to eat locally/seasonally/naturally as much as we can, and eating slow food (good thing we both like to cook).
3. walking or taking transit whenever possible and driving only when necessary
4. planting a garden on our balcony (even though my green thumb isn't very good)
5. trying to use more sustainable materials in the crafts we make
6. switching out our old light bulbs as they die to more energy efficient ones
7. switching to earth friendly cleaning products and natural health and beauty products
8. turning down our thermostats (pretty easy since our condo gets super warm very easily)
Every month we seem to find another green solution to add to our list, so I am hoping it will keep snowballing. If you have any other green tips, please share!