Sunday, August 30, 2009

buzz buzz buzz

I have been stung by a bee twice in my life... once led to a a swollen foot the size of a ski boot when I was a little kid (I had stepped on it by accident). The other time, was just a few years ago while I was eating lunch inside of a restaurant...  yes, I got stung while indoors, what are the odds!. While out to lunch on a patio last week, Roger captured this amazing close-up photo of this cute waspy little guy... not sure how he got so up close and personal without being kissed by the stinger. Luckily I was in the washroom, while all this was happening... so third sting averted.

17 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Bee stings hurt so bad! Way worse than a wasp sting!

Cool photo!

Thanks for posting on my Sunday Blog Blast thread!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

What a great capture!

(And your blog is so cute!)

Robert W. Leonard said...

It's interesting how those bugs can look so scary and fascinating at the same time. I like to watch 'em hovering around our bushes. Bee's look a little nicer though.

Sherryl said...

Cool pic! Not crazy about bees myself - unless I turn them into a hair clip (a felt one anyway!).

Renee[Q][C] said...

I feel ya on weird bee stings. I have only been stung once and it was on my tongue. I was on 6th grade and was eating an atomic fireball(remember those?) and it flew right in my mouth. Yikes!

Tali Schiffer said...

Wow, what an awesome close up!! I am so scared of bees & wasps, I could have never gotten that close!

ChallenCharms said...

What an amazing picture.

readingsully2 said...

That is a wonderful shot. :)

Alicia Istanbul said...

Wow, that sure is close up. In my 34 years, I have still never been stung.

Sandrine said...

Wow!Great shot in the glass!

RosyRevolver said...

Oooh. I was stung as a young'n once or twice . . . no fun at all. How can something so sweet looking hurt so bad?

Jenni said...

The bee's sure are out and about. Sadly, we've not seen too many honey bee's in our neck of the woods...but have enjoyed the bumble bees. Kudos to your hubby on a nice close up shot!

our little love nest said...

Cool photo! Glad you avoided a sting too. xoxo

the Lost Earring said...

Yeah, it's a cute little waspy until it stings ya! I too have been stung twice. Once at the park I fell and my hand landed squarely onto a bee. Such luck. The other time...shoot I can't remember the circumstances but it got me in that delicate region between the thumb and index finger ouch! Bees and other stingy things are so cute at a safe distance e.g. an animated likeness, a puppet, on a far off flowery bush, Roger's photo :)

MAB Jewelry said...

Bugs are so beautiful and alien. I'm not into waspy hornety things either, but I've had a ton of dragonflies and moths this year. And a few too many spiders for my taste! Great pic.

Lonesome Road Studio said...

Amazing photo!!!

Stacey said...

Great photo!

I've been stung by a bee once, my first year in college, before that I was so proud to never have been stung. :)