Tuesday, September 8, 2009

collage: schoolyard bird fight

We just got back yesterday from our long weekend camping trip in the Okanagan... (I'll post those photos tomorrow)! Today is officially the first day of school here... but seeing as how I'm not in school any more, I thought it still would be suiting to have at least a school themed collage posted. Well, ok, technically this one is more of a schoolyard fight theme, than purely a school theme... but the fight is amongst the birds and not the kids, and it's more of a verbal disagreement than a true battle of the birds.

Since we were away for a few days, also wanted to share some features from the weekend... thanks to Koralee for featuring my mini cards on her blog Bluebird Notes and Bri for posting one of my collages on her blog the craft begins.

13 comments:

Amy said...

That is really cute!! LOVE the photos in the post below, as well!

Lyndsay said...

I LOVE camping, didn't get in too much this summer with our baby arriving, we took him out one weekend tenting and he was great!

This collage is really pretty, I'm such a bird lover!

Peebs And Roo said...

I miss camping! Haven't gone in years. Now that I have a son who is a little older, I'm sure he will want to go some time.

I love the collage too! Great work!

esque said...

Haven't been camping in years either! Perhaps this fall, we'll go! Like the collage, especially how it's a "verbal disagreement among birds"; well-put!

[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
[inkihandmade.etsy.com]

Courtney said...

oh, i love your style and combination of elements!

Winklepots said...

I like the collage. :o) And congrats on the features!

our little love nest said...

Looking forward to see your camping photos! I love the collage. xoxo

Danielle Barlow said...

They certainly look like they're shouting at each other! The Jay's keep doing that at the moment at the end of my garden. Love the collage!

Christie Cottage said...

Another great collage!

Have yo ever been a little too close for compfort when birds are having a disagreement? Scarey! LOL


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

SleightGirl said...

Nice collage! I guess the birds are trying to find a pecking order.

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Very cute collage!

The kids here have been back to school for about two weeks. I always feel sorry for them going back so early.

Kylie Bowers said...

Oh wow that is really cute I sure it will get sold very quickly!

velvetwoods said...

Camping is so much fun ! must go soon it's been a while.Love camp fires and marshmallows.Birds are great at displaying their little irks !