Thursday, October 29, 2009

spooky reads

Ok, so as you may have guessed from the amount of Halloween posts that I have been uploading, we are a bit of Halloween fanatics. So, yes... more spooky goodness today to share with you. One of the things Roger and I love to collect are vintage children's Halloween books (I am using vintage loosely here, since the books are from the 60s - 8os). Our future children are going to have such a kick-ass library.... er, hopefully they'll like Halloween too! But for now, we will be the big kids hoarding the collection. We seem to find a couple every year when we are in second hand books shops... and it has snowballed a bit over the years... above are some of our faves! Do you have a fave Halloween childhood favorite?

12 comments:

our little love nest said...

I love the little one called "Rabbit and Skunk and Spooks"! It looks adorable. I may have to start a collection now too. They all look great! xo

Anonymous said...

I love the Gus the Ghost books! I have one with a purple cover somewhere. I forget which one it is though. That used to be one of my favorite series to borrow from the library when I was little. :)

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Stephen King! I started reading him at about nine, but I was kind of a spooky kid, myself!

Christie Cottage said...

LOL That is quite a collection of SPooky Books!

Halloween is fun.


http://christiecottgae.blogspot.com

Rainy Day Gardener said...

That is awesome that you are already collecting for your kiddie library! Reading is a big part of our house! My fav childhood spooky book was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow..

JLR Designs said...

Hilarious, my name is also Jenni and my fav is the Legend of Sleepy Hollow!

Robert W. Leonard said...

Poe is my Halloween favorite. The raven in particular I have to read or listen to every year.

Bonzai Beadwear said...

great collection! when i was a preteen i loved The Telltale Heart!

M.M.E. said...

When I was little, I really loved the book, "The Witch Has an Itch." It's about a witch who turns out to be allergic to doing bad things. Very amusing.

Erica said...

Ah! sooo cool!I am in love with these books!

Chrisy said...

Fabulous idea for a collection...

tattytiara said...

Yes! Rabbit and Skunk! Rabbit and Skunk! I had it too! Still do! I'm far too excited about this! I'm going go to read it again now!